ATTENTION: If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not use our Web Site.
This Policy notifies you of:
• Personal Information Collected Through our Web Site
• Our Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
• Choices You Have Regarding Our Collection and Use of Personal Information
• Security Procedures
• How You Can Contact Us
Policy Scope. This Policy applies to the Web Site only and does not necessarily reflect practices with respect to information gathered through other sites that we or our organization members operate or the collection of information through off-line means. The Policy does not apply to practices of companies whose sites may be linked to the Web Site or accessed through this Web Site (“Linked Sites”). For access to the privacy policies of those Linked Sites, please refer to the policies provided on those sites.
Consent to Processing and Transfers of Information. The servers that make the Web Site available and that store the information that is collected are located in the United States of America (“USA”). If you are located outside the USA, please note that the information you provide will be transferred to the USA. The laws of the USA may not provide the same level of legal data protection as the country from which you access the Web Site. By using the Web Site and submitting Personal Information to CRC, you consent to such transfers and the processing by CRC of information as described in this Policy and you authorize this practice.
What Personal Information is Collected. CRC collects Personal Information on or through this Web Site when you: (i) send us an e-mail to request information from CRC; (ii) register for a CRC workshop or event through the Web Site; (iii) submit feedback, questions or comments to us; (iv) submit information or a request about partnering with CRC or sponsoring research; (v) request to be added to a bidders list; (vi) submit an unsolicited proposal through the Web Site; or (vii) otherwise provide information to us to participate in the services and offerings on the Web Site. On such occasions, the Personal Information collected by or on behalf of CRC may include, without limitation: your name, title, company name, business content area, web site address, email address, billing address, shipping address, telephone number and facsimile number. We may also collect credit card information in connection with requests to register for a workshop or event made on or through the Web Site. You may also be asked to respond to additional questions to help us meet your needs.
Non-Personal Information. We may collect certain non-personally identifiable information automatically when you visit the Web Site. This information may include, but is not limited to, records information from server logs found on your browser, your IP address and the type of web browser you are using to access the Web Site. This automatically collected information provides us with information regarding the use of the Web Site. We may aggregate, use and share certain non-personally identifiable information and statistical information for research or marketing purposes.
Our Use and Disclosure of Personal Information.
CRC will not share, sell or rent Personal Information to any third party except as provided below:
• Business Uses. CRC uses the Personal Information you provide to us: (i) to process and fulfill the requests; (ii) correspond with you regarding your questions and proposals; (iii) provide the products and services that you have ordered or requested; and (iv) to protect you, and us, against error and fraud and for archival purposes. If you sign up to join our email list or bidders list,
submit proposals or requests for information from us, we may use the Personal Information that you provide to contact you about CRC, projects, opportunities and proposals about which you have requested information and to send you promotional and industry information about CRC and its members. Personal Information may be transferred as an asset in connection with a corporate reorganization or other change of control.
• CRC Members. CRC is a non-profit organization that is comprised of a number of members within the automotive equipment and petroleum industries. Please consult the Web Site for a list of CRC’s sustaining members. When you submit Personal Information to us on or through this Web Site in connection with a proposal, request to partner with CRC, to join the bidders list or otherwise request information about opportunities with CRC, we may share the Personal Information you submit and the information and materials submitted by you with our members and participants and attendees of CRC committees. By submitting information, you acknowledge and agree that this information shall not be treated as confidential or proprietary to you and may be shared with third parties as provided in this Policy.
• Service Providers and Vendors. We may share certain Personal Information we collect about you with third parties who perform services for us or with whom we contract for the purposes described in this Policy. For example, we may use third parties to host our Web Site, operate certain of its features, print or send mailings and email communications, authorize and process payments, provide customer service, facilitate registration for a workshop or conference, or assist in fulfilling orders and requests. These third-party service providers are given the Personal Information that they need to perform their designated functions and services for us and we do not authorize them to use or disclose Personal Information for any other purpose.
General Audience Website. The Web Site is considered a general audience site and is not intended to be used by children. CRC is concerned about the privacy of young children and does not seek to collect Personal Information from persons under the age of 13. We offer our services and our Web Site for use by adults. No information should be submitted to or posted at this Web Site by children without their parent's or guardian's consent.
Choices You Have. The provision of Personal Information on or through this Web Site is voluntary. If you do not wish to provide Personal Information, you are free not to do so. Your provision of requested Personal Information to us on or through our Web Site or other means is presumed by us to be voluntary and with your consent to the uses described herein. However, in some cases, only persons who provide the requested Personal Information will be able to submit requests to us and participate in the Web Site activities and offerings.
Security. We employ various reasonable security measures designed to help protect the Personal Information that we collect about you. We have instituted security procedures and measures to protect our servers and networks that store Personal Information. Unfortunately, no transmission of information over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and therefore we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any such
Managing Personal Information. CRC reserves the right to retain any Personal Information reasonably necessary to appropriately document its business activities and for archival and record retention purposes. We will store Personal Information for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes described in this Policy. You have the right to request corrections to Personal Information we have collected via the Web Site through the means provided on the Web Site or by sending a request to CRC as provided below under “Questions about our Policy.”
Questions about our Policy. If you have any questions regarding your privacy or the Policy or feel that this Web Site is not following its stated information policy, you can send a request with your concerns or any further questions to us by e-mail at or by mail at:
Coordinating Research Council, Inc.
Attn: Brent K. Bailey
5755 North Point Parkway
Alpharetta, GA 30022
Phone: 678 | 795-0506
Last Updated: November 12, 2013